Friday, July 3, 2009

Blame it On The Boogie...


I just couldn’t let this week go by without a workout tribute to Michael Jackson. His songs have been a part of my workouts since I had a walkman tucked in my fanny pack! Graduating to a Discman and finally an IPOD, I pretty much have every Michael Jackson/Jackson Five song in my music library. His songs are the ones that I listen to all the way through. I might skip ahead with other artists, But MJ always keeps me moving! And why wouldn’t you be inspired visualizing his moonwalk or “Sharks and Jets” moves in “Beat It”! And who hasn’t at least tried the moves from the “Thriller” video? That video kept my kids alternately frightened and entertained for hours when they were younger. So here is a long playlist (around 68 minutes) with many of my favorites. You can trim the list and skip through some of the songs if you want to, but I’ll bet you won’t!!
Warm up
The Way you Make Me Feel 4:57
Rock With You 3:40
Cardio Intervals (Like I said, you can use some or all of these)
Workin’ Day and Night 5:14
Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 6:02
P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) 3:59
Jam 5:40
Beat It 4:18
Blame It On The Boogie 3:31
The Love You Save 3:02
Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough 6:05
ABC 2:57
Black or White 3:23
I Want You Back 2:59
Bad 4:07
Cool Down (pick 1)
Thriller 5:58
Man In The Mirror 5:19

“If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make the change
You gotta get it right, while you got the time
'Cause when you close your heart, then you close your mind…”

So do something good for yourself while you can! Download this mix, forget about the tabloid Michael and enjoy what everyone loved about him.

1 comment:

  1. I really love Michael Jackson songs also, but don't have any downloaded to my IPOD shuffle yet. I really like something that helps me keep a pace up when I walk. So far I only have AC/DC and Kool and the Gang, but they do the trick. But, since he's gone now, I feel the need to listen to him more. Debbie Njai

    ReplyDelete