Sunday, August 19, 2012

"I'm Just Sayin'..."




Nike first coined the now-famous slogan "Just Do It" for a 1988 Nike ad campaign, (which was chosen by Advertising Age as one of the top five ad slogans of the 20th century and enshrined in the Smithsonian Institution). Since then, exercisers everywhere have proclaimed their dedication and disdain for their workouts and specific types of exercise literally with the shirt “on” their backs!



I've never really been fond of “one saying” shirts because I can never just have one opinion at a time; I need lots of them. So I really love my lululemon manifesto shirt that basically lists all of their inspirational philosophies on one adorable garment.



And I've actually seen some very funny and motivating t’s at the gym in the past few years. One in particular I’m sure was written just for me. In fact, because I used to talk so much to everyone at the gym, a friend used to wear this shirt just to remind me of what I was there for.



And like the “Just Do It” slogan, some shirts are short and make their point.


I also like the shirts with a bit of a sarcastic edge to them.




And the ones that are “event specific” that I found on etsy, are adorable and garner encouraging cheers from your fellow gym-goers.



Even the workout towels can be motivating if you get the right ones.





But of course the t-shirt I love to see everyone wearing is my favorite overall design! (Email me at hkraus52@gmail.com if you’re interested in ordering a t or tank).

No comments:

Post a Comment